How to Find a Lost Person

Trying to Find A Lost Pension?

Contact the Social Security Administration to get your earning's record. Your former employer's federal employer identification number (EIN) will be on record. Then use the EIN to search for the company at Also, check with the pension benefit guaranty corporation (, the federal agency that insures corporate defined-benefit plans. Another place to check is the nonprofit pension Rights Center at which helps employees and retirees understand and enforce their legal rights.

This from the AARP Bulletin
601 E. St. NW
Washington DC 20049

(Thank you to August 1, 2006 issue of Bottom Line Personal for reprinting.)

Popular Posts